Click here for a pdf version of this policy.
Policy adopted by the Library Board of Trustees, April 7, 2004
Policy revised February 17, 2009
Policy revised December 14, 2015
Bethlehem Public Library provides four study rooms as a service to library users.
Study room A accommodates up to 6 users. Study rooms B and C accommodate up to 3 users each. The meeting room with the Smart Board accommodates up to 8 users.
Patrons using the study rooms agree to the following:
- Study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis; reservations will not be taken. The Smart Board meeting room may be reserved during select times under the guidelines of the meeting room policy.
- Anyone wishing to use a study room must register at the Information Desk.
- Anyone may use a study room for one hour. This time may be extended if no one is waiting. Extended time expires as soon as another request for the room is received.
- Patrons will be assigned the smallest room that will appropriately accommodate them, based on availability.
- Study rooms close 5 minutes before the library closes.
- Children under the age of 9 must be accompanied by an adult while in a study room.
- Study room users agree to abide by this policy, the library’s Patron Conduct Policy, and all instructions from library staff.
- The library reserves the right to allocate a study room for a library-sponsored program or meeting.